What laptops do users on this list have ubuntu studio running
successfully?  By successful I mean running jackd and rosegarden and
ardour.  Specify 32 or 64 bit version of ubuntu studio.

The reason I am asking this is I have a Dell Inspiron 1501, Turion Dual
Core 64 bit, 2 GB of RAM.  I specifically got this computer for sound
and graphics using linux.  I should have sent it back when I found that
there was a kernel bug which I had a chance to do.  I could link a dozen
references to this stupid thing that had us Dell 1501 owners installing
distros and not being able to get the installation even started without
pci=nomsi and a dozen other ineffective kernel parameters.

But this thing is essentially useless for Linux sound.  Jackd will NOT
run.  In Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu and now Ubuntu Studio, it just
essentially won't run.  I think it has something to do with the original
kernel bug, but I have no way of knowing, because I essentially get
non-answers from any of the lists on this.  It appears that no one that
got a Dell 1501 ever wanted to get any of this working.  I have set up
working Linux studios on a lot of other hardware and this has never
happened.

So now I am thinking of selling this stupid thing and cutting my losses
and moving on to another pc based laptop that other people are using to
run linux sound.  So give me some examples of working laptops with
ubuntu studio.

Larry Lines