programming.  please define "crappy"

Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 01:06:51 +0100From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Trying to record form line-in: crappy sound. Voice is ok.HI,i'm
trying to record some from my cd player (discman)  to ubuntu.When i connect
this discman to the line-in of the computer, i hear the sound of the tape
recorder on the speakers of my computer but the sound is crappy. I get
recording it with Sound Recorder but when I play it, the sound is still
crappy.I have tried selecting Mic , Front Mic  and Line on Alsamixer.Other
clues: - When i record my voice from a microphone the recording is Ok. - when i
open puredata and select Media>ALSA it shows this continously:"tried but
couldn't sync A/D/A"Any idea?br.GARFF