Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Greetings all.
> One of the things we are doing for the UbuntuStudio Hardy release is
> making some changes to the desktop layout, and behavior. One of the
> things we are pondering changing, is what happens when you insert a
> disk, whether it be blank or containing data, and what happens when
> you connect removable devices, such as cameras etc. To get an idea of
> the options we are considering changing, open the system menu, go to
> preferences, and choose "Removable Drives and Media".
>
> One change we would really like to make, is when removable drives or
> disks are inserted, they will only appear on the desktop, and a
> nautilus window will not open. We are also considering disabling all
> the automatic running of applications for things like blank disks,
> audio CDs, DVDs, cameras, etc.
>
> Before making these changes however, we would like users to have a say
> in what they think they would like to see happen, even going so far as
> to changing the program that gets run. So for example, if you wanted
> K3B to be used for both audio and data disks, we would change the
> settings to load K3B, instead of using nautilus or serpentine.
>
> Your feedback is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your time.

My vote is that disks/drives are mounted but nothing is done. Let the
user decide. There are many times I just pop in a disk and I pull up my
favorite app to work with the disk. I dont need a app popping up to
handle it by default.

Since our target audience isn't the average desktop user I would think
they can handle this. :)

-Cory \m/