You are just wrong, accept it!!

Lol! I did got the joke but because I have been exposed to american
culture since I was 3 (studied in an american school).

But the photos you are suggesting of yourself seam interesting, you
still have to send them eventhough I excuse you.

Luis de Bethencourt

On Dec 2, 2007 8:10 PM, D. Michael McIntyre
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 December 2007, greg emond wrote:
>
> > I am french, and the first joke was very funny.  The seond one was... THE
> > truth! I will lift my arms and kill you all with the toxic fumes that
> > emanate from there!  vive le quebec libre!
>
> I shouldn't have gone there, but since I did, and since a fair number of
> people really don't seem to get it, I feel I should point out for any
> non-American friends who didn't grasp the irony that the whole rant
> was "acted out" by a stereotypical insular American with no idea what's going
> on outside this country's borders.  It was all a laugh at the worst my
> country has to offer on the world stage, not at anyone outside these borders
> at all, and most especially not French people.  (Je parle français aussi, mon
> ami, bien que je le parle très mal.)  [TRANSLATION OF FRENCH TEXT: I speak
> French too, my friend, though I speak it very badly.]
>
> So anyone in the audience who isn't American should point at us and laugh, and
> anyone who lives inside these borders should look around and laugh.  We're
> not all like that, but some of us really are.
>
> But the whole thing was really a horrible public exhibit of why I spent a
> significant part of my childhood getting beaten up by somebody.  Lots of
> people don't get my twisted sense of humor at all, and especially not in an
> environment where most readers speak English as a second language, and
> haven't spent as many hours as I have watching Monty Python, South Park,
> Carlos Mencia, and weirdly twisted French and Spanish movies.
>
> Sorry about all the noise everybody.  I just want to make sure there are no
> hard feelings.
>
> If necessary, I'll call Dad over to come hold my head in the toilet and get
> one of my kids to take a picture of me getting a good old fashioned American
> swirly.  That is if the old man is strong enough to lift my stereotypically
> overweight American truck driving redneck ass that high.
> --
> D. Michael McIntyre

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
luisbg