All I'd really like to be able to do is play with Ardour for recording and
ZynAddSubFX for synthesizing without getting XRUNs - The el-cheapo behringer
USB interface that came with my mixer clearly isn't cutting the cheese.
Hassle free is a BIG plus for me - I don't want to mess with hacks and
configs, I just want it to work. For the purposes of the discussion, let's
pretend cost isn't a consideration, though cheaper is ALWAYS better. USB
sadly is a must, as it is the only i / o my Asus Eee has.

Which USB audio interface / sound card would you all suggest?

--
~holotone
http://holotone.net/