hi all

I am using a terratec phase x24 firewire sound card with an IBM laptop.
It runs Ubuntu studio, the latest version, I keep it updated.

My problem is that sometimes jack just stops suddenly. It just print
some crap symbols at qjackctl message window and then I get a Shutdown
notification there. After this I need to unplug the sound card to be
able to start again Jack correctly. Sometimes I need to plug/unplug many
times many times to get it up again.

In general I get almost no XRUNS at all. DSP loads is 16%, realtime mode
is on, sample rate 48000 and buffer size 1024.

Today I noticed that updatedb process was running in the background when
I first got this error, and it seems to me that it was not until this
process finished that I was able to get jack up.

After this problem I decided to test how long it runs before crashing.
It has been running fine several times for around 30-45 min. Then it
stops and I need to unplug the sound card again.

any ideas about what could cause this? or any suggestion where i should
look at? I checked dmesg and I can see some stuff there but I am not
sure if this is just related to me pluging in and out the sound card. I
am wondering if there is some background process that I could disable to
make freebob more stable. I have a live performance in ten days and it
would be a real pity if jack crashes during it.

thanks!

enrike