Hi, folks!

Not sure if I'm being a good helper here (I lack experience). However,
as one of a few Portuguese speaking guys on this list, I'm trying to
help. I've written in English so that you experienced guys can correct
me if I said something stupid... and also, of course, because this is
an international mailing list.

Otávio, you should address this list in English, so that everyone can
read and post.

<Portuguese for Otávio>
Otávio, se tiver algum problema com o inglês, pode me escrever. Como
essa lista é de caráter internacional, vou responder em inglês aqui,
OK?
</Portuguese>

On Feb 12, 2008 4:17 PM, Otávio Soares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oi,
> Venho procurar uma ajuda...
> tenho o arquivo ISO do Ubuntu.Studio dentro de meu HD.
> Porem meu PC esta com o Ubuntu 7.04,desatuaizado,o que nem me permite fazer
> o upgrade pro 7.10,automaticamente.

Having an Internet connection you should be able to upgrade from 7.04
to 7.10. But first, AFAIK, you need to apply all updates on 7.04
before moving to 7.10.
Check this: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading
and see if you still find any problem.
Have you checked the Ubuntu (not Studio) forums for anyone with a
problem similar to yours? Can you describe it?

>  E nao tem leitor de DVD.
>  Gostaria de saber como poderia transformar o 7.04 em um U.Studio,atraves da
> imagem ISO que esta em meu HD.
> Ha alguma forma em extrair o ISO e de algum jeito faze lo instalar...

Perhaps, if you find a way of mounting your Studio ISO as a virtual
drive (any hint?) you can add a "deb
[dvd_drive_mountpoint_here]/dists/feisty main" line to your
/etc/sources.list and your Synaptic may be able to do an offline
update from plain Ubuntu to the Studio version.
Anyway, I believe you should do this only after upgrading your Ubuntu to 7.10.

> Ou extraido,como poderia enxuta lo em faze lo caber num CD,pra poder ser
> bootavel pra instalacao e depois,ja num ambiente U.Studio,dai atualiza lo e
> completar sua instalacao.

Don't think there's enough non-essential stuff to remove from the ISO
to make yours fit on a CD instead of a DVD. Anyone?!

Regards,

Fernando L.