> I have grown up with both vinyl and CD (I am in my 30s).  The crackles
> and the constant noise irritate me, especially since I do not have that
> nostalgic emotional connection that _can_ cloud ones subjective judgement.
[...]
> Having said that, I know a lot of people who experience vinyl
> differently than I.  They truly believe that vinyl sounds better.
> Neither experience is necessarily right or wrong, just different.

I'm sort of in the vinyl camp for nostalgic reasons. The only way I can
experience vinyl today is digital recordings of analog cassette recordings of
vinyl LPs, and I still think the vinyl versions sound warmer, and more
comforting.  It can't be the technology.  It must be the crackles.

--
D. Michael McIntyre