On Saturday 15 March 2008, Gary Ball wrote:
> Although it looks as if I'm going shopping for a new soundcard today.
> I'm a graphic designer, so the sound mixing element of my day isn't
> huge.

You probably don't need something as good as the Audiophile I suggested, but
if you don't mind spending the money, I still recommend going that way.

I sat down to do some homework for you and try to make a recommendation for a
consumer soundcard.  I can't make a recommendation.  I've looked around
online at what people are listing in their inventories, and looked at the
ALSA soundcard matrix, and it all looks pretty ugly to me.

You could easily make do with what everybody has in their motherboard these
days, but they no longer sell those as a card, and there are many cards
around now that have problems.

Don't buy anything without checking out the soundcard matrix.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main
--
D. Michael McIntyre