Andrew Hunter wrote:

> | Fred Schuelzky wrote:
> | | Andrew Hunter wrote:
> | | |
> pluging
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |

> | |
> | |
> | |
> | | A plain text file would be preferable. You can redirect the output of
> | | the commands with  the > operator in bash. ie:
> | |
> | | lsusb -v > lsusb.txt
> | |
> | | Then attach lsusb.txt
> | |
> | |
> | | Thanks,
> | |
> | | Andrew
> | |>
> | | Andrew
> | |   Where does the output from this command go lsusb -v > lsusb.txt? I ran
> | | it in shell and nothing seems to happen.
> |
> | Look in the directory you ran the command in. You can specify it
> | explicitly. For example lsusb -v > ~/lsusb.txt will redirect the output
> | to lsusb.ext in your home folder.
>
> lsusb.txt rather.
>

> | | Thanks Fred

Andrew
        The output for lsusb - v  is at   http://pastebin.com/m36edaa46
        The output for dmesg | tail is at   http://pastebin.com/m1148345e

I'm really not at all sure what the information means for lsusb - v.
Looking at the output from dmseg it does show the turntable. I tried
audacity again and it, under preferences > I/O audio gives me the usb
codec option under recording.
When I try to record it gives me the following error msg " Error while
opening sound device. Please check the input device
  settings and the project sample rate.".
Under preferences > quality I have the sample rate at 44100 Hz. and the
sample format 16-bit.

Thanks
Fred