Hello list
I'd like to ask your help in creating a separate GNOME session tailored
for studio work.

Let me explain my situation: I have a laptop which I use for all
purposes. Currently I am runing Ubuntu with ubuntustudio packages. I'd
like to be able to have a custom GNOME session just for working with
audio apps. That means disabling useless/unwanted deamons, not using
compiz as a window manager, and other things of the sort.

1- So is this possible/worth doing?
2- How would I go about doing it?
3- What things would be worth disabling/turning off?

Maybe some of you will just advise me to create a new user specifically
for audio work instead of a new session, but I'd like to avoid that
because I think a new session would be more flexible for me.

Thank you so much for your help