Hello,
        I'm running Ubuntu Studio 8.0.4 on a Dell XPS420. The sound-card
identifies itself as an STAC9227 (Sigmatel) audio card. I'm using the
"hda-intel" Alsa driver. I am using the "position_fix=1" option in my alsa
config to get rid of Xruns w/ Jack and things seem to be working alright for
the moment. I am running w/ the 2.6.24-21-rt kernel. Audio Out works fine,
and I can record using the front microphone input, but for the life of me, I
cannot get the rear line-in jack to pick up audio. If I boot into Windows,
it works fine, so the port is working properly. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to get the Line-In port on the STAF9227 working?

Thanks in advance..

P.S. I learned about Ubuntu Studio at the Ohio Linuxfest and was very
impressed!