Sorry to go off topic, but I'm fascinated by the line:
> I am not a fan of firewire.

Not a fan of firewire(more correctly, ieee 1394) because of
compatability issues or because of the standard itself?

I am a fan of firewire, in fact it's my favourite kind of wire.
Firewire does things that USB simply cannot do, ie, reliably feed my
7-year-old computer with 12 channels of audio simultaneously. And I
easily expand that a great deal.

Philip Schleihauf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]