simone-www.io-lab.org schrieb:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Maurizio De Cecco wrote:
>>
>>> I updated from Ubuntu Studio 8.04 to 8.10 with the update manager.
>>>
>>> The update solved a slow wake up from sleep problem (it was a couple of
>>> minutes),
>>> but i got a few other problems:
>>>
>>> 1) Slow boot: around 4-5 minutes against the 2 minutes on 8.04
>>> 2) It does not shut down: it freeze, and the text console says "Shutting
>>> down ALSA", or equivalent.
>>> There is nothing to do other that powering down the machine.
>>> 3) Key bindings on the desktop screw up emacs editing badly.
>>> 4) Thinkfinger do not work anymore.
>>>

> can you tell us what s the solution to the sleep problem?
>

>>> Point 2 is the critical one.
>>>
>>> Anybody had similar experiences ?
>>>
>>> My system is a Thinkpad x61, 2Gb Ram, and i installed the 64 bit studio.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help ..
>>>
>> I would do a clean install.
>>

>> --

Shutdowns freeze randomly since i started with 6.04 even after clean
istalls on different systems, read a lot about powermanagement, acpi,
apic, lapic, interrupts etc., but never found out how to reproduce this.
If it happens, sometimes i can reach the console and sudo shutdown,
other times only hard reset or switch off. Never caused this bug data
loss for me. I remember similiar shutdown bugs former times in Windows.