I think that your problem comes from having installed ubuntu in a separate HD.
  Anyway, I recommend you to have a look into google.

From: cristianvid...@hotmail.com
To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Help!!!
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:53:06 -0300

Hej!:

I'm a brand new Ubuntu's last version user. I decided to install it to get
involved into these Linux Plataform OS.

I have an Intel processor: 2.13 GHz

Memory: 750 Mb

64 Mb video card

I have Windows XP into one of my HD, I have 2 of them, 80 Gb each one. I
installed Ubuntu in the empty one HD. From an ISO image I had downloaded from
Ubuntu's Official Page.

After having downloaded the image, I checked it by comparing it by reading the
hashes, it matched succesfully!. Then I burned it up!, I installed by using a
Cd.

The installation was completely succesfull.

But...when I rebooted my PC (the Cd was previously removed), when i picked up
Ubuntu as my OS at starting up...there a message like (initramfs) and a space
waiting for me to enter a command. Why? What did it happen? Does always Ubuntu
behave this way? Does it have graphic interface??? No?

I trusted Ubuntu, I mean I wanted a safe OS, but I need some help, so
please...reply me soonn.

Thank you!.

Cristian.