On Feb 2, 2009, at 4:00 AM, ubuntu-studio-users- requ...@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

I do however want to note that 3 out of 3 professional studio's (places
with massive Neve consoles and the like) I've worked at had RAID going
with their Pro-Tools setups. There was never a backup /app/. ;)

RAID is a backup *strategy* - not a backup app

Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) is a way that extra data is written across the array, which are organized so that the failure of one (sometimes more) disks in the array will not result in loss of data. A failed disk may be replaced by a new one, and the data on it reconstructed from the remaining data and the extra data.