>From what I've read on this on the windows side, the second pod needs to be
set to be slave. I also read something about setting them to sync via
spdif...

The fact that you've actually done it is promising.

There are some posts about defining which device is to be first and second.

Some of this may need to be configged in the pod. THe windows application
that shipps with them can do this, I'm wondering if the ffado-tools has
anything that can do the same.

Mac

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Philip Schleihauf p...@adjacentfilms.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:05:51 -0500
To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Presonus

Hey

I've got a presonus firebox, which is the little version of the firepod I
guess.

When I use the RT kernel I don't get any x-runs, unless I set insane
parameters on the frames/period and periods/buffer.

As far as daisy-chaining goes:
I often daisy-chain it with my friend's firebox. It works very well.
There's only two problems:
1- sometimes when I start JACK they are out of sync from each other by
the amount of latency that jack is set to. So If jack is at 11.6msec,
one of them will be at 11.6, but the other one will record at 23.2.
This problem is totally random. Sometimes it does this and sometimes it
doesn't.
2- The order the connections show up in jack sometimes changes. This
can be very annoying if jack crashes in a session, and I have to
restart it; often the order will have switched. Then I have to redo
all the connections.
Presonus claims that daisy-chaining firepods works, but they don't say
that fireboxes can be daisy-chained. I think you'd be ok with the
firepods.

Does anyone know if it is possible to daisy-chain a firebox with a
firepod? That's my dream at this point.

Philip Schleihauf
p...@adjacentfilms.com