This test was with Virtualbox. I can use that and VMWare with hardy and a
tweaked custom kernel. (Using VMWare has been increasingly difficult, given all
the "vmware-any-any" patches one must deal with.)

Once Jaunty is released and if -rt isn't satisfactory (e.g., suspend) I'll
probably try building a custom kernel off the generic kernel with options like
"CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y CONFIG_HZ_250=y" and see if
that is sufficient to my task... Not RT, and no patches, but perhaps good
enough.