On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Cliff Fellows <cgfell...@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Sounds more like a flu issue...   :)
>
> Cliff
>
> --- On *Tue, 4/28/09, Christopher Stamper
> <christopherstam...@gmail.com>*wrote:
>
> From: Christopher Stamper <christopherstam...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Network Connection
> To: "Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion" <
> ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 9:22 AM
>

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Susan Cragin
> <susancra...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Studio comes without network manager installed.
>
> I believe that network manager was left out for a good reason; I can't
> remember why. I sorta think I remember something about it causing
> xruns...
>

> --
> Christopher Stamper
>
> Email: christopherstam...@gmail.com
> Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
> gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
> Skype: cdstamper

It is possible to set up a wireless connection with Ubuntu Studio without
network manager.  I've had Ubuntu Studio auto-detect my wireless card on
install and then just ask me for a password, and that was that.  Whenever I
logged in, it was just connected.

This does not work on my laptop, sadly, and I haven't taken the time yet to
figure out how to do a network connection manually.  But I'm fairly sure it
can be done.

--
-Brian David