> I'm glad to see you're interested in helping.  Just for your (and everyone
> else's) knowledge, the entire Ubuntu Studio official graphics (and
> everything else that makes Ubuntu Studio what it is) is located at
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntustudio-dev>for
>  everyone's perusal.  Specifically you'll find the ubuntustudio-look
> package here too:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-look/UbuntuStudio<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-look/UbuntuStudio>

Sorry I overreacted.. But this is really probably easier for you, than it is
for me. I have a computer science degree with a minor in art, and I can
understand how hard this is to wade through for users who would be eager to
help, but can't make heads or tales of a RCS. If you can lower the bar of
entry, I'm sure you will open a floodgate of theming.

Have a look at the blender program distribution, you will notice that there
is a "texture plugin" and "sequence plugin" folder with source code (even
for the windows version) for making texture and video transition plugins.
Something like that would be nice to have for the interface, but it may
require a fundamental change in how the interface integrates with the
theming, which may not be possible, or might require help from canonical or
debian.

If it is already there, it needs to be visible and easy to access. The zip
idea I gave would be a nice simple way to package and distribute the themes.
This is borrowing from the way that blender distributes entire projects, by
puting everything into a ".blend" file. Also note the blend files are
forward and backward compatible. Load a 2.49 blend file on a 1.18 version of
blender, it filters out whatever primitives have not changed in the file
format (I think it's just one large struct dumped to a file, but it is a
clever method). But anyone can clone this method with a special folder
structure into zip files.  The zip files also permit one to work on the
themes without regard for location in the folder tree.

By simplifying the theming to a compressed file, you permit people to
contribute without having to become emersed in the code and complexity of
the operating system or packaging, and you permit people to pass themes
around over email and with reference links.

Also another feature of the blend files in blender, is any blender file can
be used as a library of accessible materials, objects, scenes, etc.. You can
import from blend files. Same could be done with a zip file.

Then you could have people code programs to manage these themes, to combine
elements and make new themes.

Sorry.. I'm just like this when I think about stuff..

But I think if it could be reduced and organized (which is really tough for
us coders to do), it would be the perfect handoff to those who cringe when
having to do anything that involves a terminal..