On Sep 13, 2009 11:54am, Robert Klaar <nim.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, that took care of that specific problem. I still don't get it to run though... problem is that I run one of the notoriously bad firewire-ports on my system(ricoh-something...) and I don't know if that's it or not, is there some way to test this? Anyways, here's my jack-message ftm;

18:49:27.874 JACK is starting...
18:49:27.875 /usr/bin/jackd -R -dfreebob -r48000 -p1024 -n3 -D
18:49:27.878 JACK was started with PID=5249.
no message buffer overruns
jackd 0.116.1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.

jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
cannot lock down memory for jackd (Cannot allocate memory)

Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
JACK: unable to mlock() port buffers: Cannot allocate memory
JACK: unable to mlock() port buffers: Cannot allocate memory
[31mError (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[1666] setSamplingFrequencyPlug: setSampleRatePlug: IsoStreamInput plug 0 does not support sample rate 48000

[0m [31mError (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[1696] setSamplingFrequency: setSampleRate: Setting sample rate failed
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob
LibFreeBoB ERR: Failed to set samplerate...

[0m
18:49:28.214 JACK was stopped successfully.
18:49:28.215 Post-shutdown script...
18:49:28.215 killall jackd
jackd: no process killed
18:49:28.624 Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256.

18:49:29.902 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the messages window for more info.

Please post on the bottom of previous posts, if you don't mind. :)

The JACK log is saying it can't lock down your memory. Does this have something to do with the memlock limit you've set in Ubuntu Studio Controls? That might be worth checking.

What settings are you using when you start JACK?