On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 09:17 -0500, mac wrote:

> I guess my point is: if this stuff is only for people who have skills
> and/or plenty of spare time to help in other ways, then state that up
> front and scare all the other folks away immediately and don't waste
> their time.

I wasted *a lot* of my time solving *basic* problems to
friends/co-workers/parents on windows. And there's no "General knowledge
of Windows system admin, MSDN searching, understanding of registry, and
other geeky stuff may be required to do XYZ..." disclaimer there, too.

It's just a different approach: people is used to think that windows is
a necessary evil - no choice, no complaint - whereas with Linux some
people think they can deliberately blame Linux developers and the
community at large ('what? aren't you ready for me? what a stupid waste
of time!').

Sergio