Teza,

I agree with Ricardo.  The Behringer FCB-1010 is a highly configurable
and very durable device.  There are even 3rd party firmware mod chips
you can get to specialize the function.  The most popular mod chip is
one that makes the FCB-1010 function as a midi stomp box.

If you absolutely require USB control, consider hacking a  USB
keyboard.  M.A.M.E. Arcade people have a lot of great information about
how to do this.  In general, you disassemble the keys and membrane from
the keyboard circuit, and hardwire switches to the circuit.  I have a
USB keyboard footswitch hack to control mp3 playback with VLC.  An
interesting USB keyboard hack would be a footswitch controller make from
a wireless keyboard hack.

-=Sean Edwards=-