The camcorder is a Sony handycam CCD-TRV59E PAL.
It only has/uses 8mm tapes.
It has a S Video out jack
It has a A/V out jack
It has a RFU dc out (RFU adaptor DC output) jack.

I have a A/V out cable with two male fittings on the end which fits in
the A/V out jack
I have a S Video cable with a male connection each end.

The connection to the PC is a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator.

I do _not_ have a video card in the computer but can put one in if need be.
There is no firewire connection on the handycam and my PC.

I have also failed to do this with Windoze XP.

Many thanks for the help so far.

Pat

What's inside your camcorder ?

Tape (mini-dv), or Tape (VHS)
Disk (DVD-/+R/RW)

The connexion to PC, and the grabbing of the video depends of the type
of your camcorder.

Laurent