Hello all,
Quick question...  I upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04 and I've retained the RT
kernel (is that right?)...  Since upgrading I've been having issues (e.g.
Ardour crashing because it "is too slow," JACK crashing or experiencing xrun
errors, etc.).  Should I just do a fresh install and use the generic?  I'm
using a firewire device (Edirol FA-101) to multi-track.  What are other
advantages with fresh installs over upgrading?

Thanks in advance.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Ricardo Lameiro <ricardolame...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/6/2 Mac McIlvaine <sue...@empire.net>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just looking at updating from 9.10 to 10.04 and was wondering...
>>
>> - has 10.04 got an rt kernel?
>>

> NO for the i386 and a preemptive for the 64bit version, also available RT
> kernels at abogani PPA
>

>> - has 10.04 incorporated the new firewire stack?
>>
>> NO
>
>> - does ffado use the ne firwire stack?
>>
>> No, FFADO project doesn't use yet
>

>> - does 10.04 have the latest ffado, jack, and Ardour?
>>

> No the latest, FFADO is quite up to date, jack is a stable version, because
> its on the main repos, and ardour is on 2.8.6
>

>> Mac

> Fagote / Contrafagote
> Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
> http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro