On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM, <scottalaven...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have posted a small update on my blog about the gnome-network-admin bug.
>
> http://dullass.blogspot.com/
>
> ScottL
>
> P.S. Sign up for RSS for further updates about Ubuntu Studio development

If you do decide to go with Network Manager, there should be clear
documentation informing users that this can cause major problems with
x-runs.  Thankfully, it requires only two clicks of the mouse to disable
networking via the notification bar applet, which will neutralize the
problem.  Of course, this doesn't matter if you don't know about it.

By the way, does anyone know why it is that Network Manager messes with
sound so much?  On my set-up, I get an x-run every few seconds unless
Network Manager is disabled.

--
-Brian David