Jeremy,

2010/10/4 Jeremy Jongepier <jer...@autostatic.com>:

>> Ubuntu don't support make-pkg.
[...]
> As of which release? I've built several kernels with make-kpkg for 9.04
> and 9.10 (to include dsdt tables for my netbook). Haven't tried with
> 10.04 though.

I don't recall when make-kpkg started to create problems but you can
notice that neither Ubuntu Kernel Team Wiki
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/) nor Ubuntu kernel packaging
contains any reference to make-kpkg. Moreover the package which
contains that utility (that is kernel-package) is in universe so that
should be an evident sign.

Feel free to use what do you want but keep in mind that isn't the
official Ubuntu way to build a kernel (so it is unsupported).

Ciao,
Alessio