On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM, <scottalaven...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2010 12:29pm, G M Slater <precipitous.me...@cox.net> wrote:
> >

> > Fellow UbuntuStudio users:
> >

> > Is there an official Made With UbuntuStudio logo? My latest album
> > was recorded almost entirely using it, and I would like to be able
> > to advertise that fact. It seems like a great way to draw more
> > deserved attention to an incredible OS. In case anyone is
> > interested, the music (dark ambient) is freely available at
> http://soundcloud.com/occurrences-in-rain
> >

> > If there is not an official logo, is there any particular graphic
> > other enthusiasts are using?
> >

>  Hi G M Slater,
>>>
>>> Simple answer would be no, there is not an official "Made with Ubuntu
>>> Studio" logo.
>>>
>>> However, if anyone makes one, or several, we can host them in the wiki
>>> for others to download and use.
>>>
>>> Also, I look forward to listening to your music later.
>>>
>>> ScottL

Hi G M Slater (and the lists),

I originally responded directly to G M Slater, so I'm effectively resending
this email, but this time to the lists.

The simple answer is no, there is not an official "Made With Ubuntu Studio"
logo.

However, if anyone makes one, or several, we can definitely host them in the
wiki for others to download and use.  For those interested, someone might
make a page at the wiki, say
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/MadeWithLogo or something
similar, and begin to attach the file with their logos there.

But, looking forward as I like to do, I think it would also be a good idea
to discuss making an "official" logo.

This is not an edict and is conditional, however, if the response to this is
strong and the result is many creative, high quality logos submitted, then
perhaps we wait three to four weeks to allow people to finish creating and
submitting, and then vote on the best logo.

I included the ubuntustudio-devel mailing list to get their input on this as
well.  The developers and I can perhaps make a decision on the best way to
"vote" for the logo.

ScottL

P.S.  I forgot to mention that I had made some before -
http://www.fossmusicproject.org/public/buttons/

Maybe I should take my own advice as well :P