On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 23:05 +0530, MiRcHiS wrote:

> somebody solve my problem.. please .. my wifi is not working as int
> mine is  HP pavilion laptop and i have a button to switch the wifi and
> blue tooth but unfortunately
> it is showing only red light either it is on or off. But it is working
> good in Windows. Don't know what's the problem with Ubuntu 10.10.
> updated it many times but update could not solve my problem.. :(
> --
> PHANI SARMA N
> BITS-PILANI Goa

Can't help myself, but I often read about wifi and firewire issues on
Linux.

Perhaps the German Google search, for results on English ;), could help,
by http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=wifi
+linux&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= among other sides, this one might
be a help:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

Note that the site itself was updated on 25 July 07 :S, but maybe the
links are state of the art :).

On German, but understandable even if you can't understand German:

'Linux wireless LAN support http://linux-wless.passys.nl
1 Nov 2010 ... Now available: Wireless on Linux with full iee802.11a and
ieee802.11n support on a PCI-express 1x card. Go to: Passys
wireless. ...'

Hm? '1 Nov 2010' vs '17. April 2006' ... anyway, the 'Komplette Liste',
on English 'complete list':

http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_alles.php?

Hth,

Ralf