On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Johan Scheepers <johans...@telkomsa.net>wrote:

> Good day,
>
> Movie player not able to play music/video due to missing plug-ins.
>
> Kindly which plug-ins are required please.
> Where/how can I get them.
>
> I googled but can only find stuff for ubuntu 10.10.
>
> Thanks
> Johan

i finally have 64bit maverick and natty installs... w00t

m...@maverick:~$ sudo apt-cache search ubuntu-restricted-extras
[sudo] password for m:
lubuntu-restricted-extras - Commonly used restricted packages for Lubuntu
kubuntu-restricted-addons - Commonly used restricted packages for Kubuntu
kubuntu-restricted-extras - Commonly used restricted packages for Kubuntu
lubuntu-restricted-addons - Commonly used restricted packages for Lubuntu
ubuntu-restricted-addons - Commonly used restricted packages for Ubuntu
ubuntu-restricted-extras - Commonly used restricted packages for Ubuntu
xubuntu-restricted-addons - Commonly used restricted packages for Xubuntu
xubuntu-restricted-extras - Commonly used restricted packages for Xubuntu
m...@maverick:~$

i usually install ubuntu-restricted-extras, BUT that has a lot of extra
codecs and what-nots in there... you could search mp3 if thats more what
your interested in...

gstreamer0.10-fluendo-plugins-mp3-partner - MP3 codec support for GStreamer

or DVD playback which i haven't installed separately for a while, and im not
sure what package/packages you would need for just that functionality... let
us know

you might want to research (if you haven't already) why we cant just play
mp3's and other media 'out of the box' with buntu... maybe consider
supporting a project like http://www.fluendo.com/ (i know i *should*)

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/