Hey all,

I am a newbie with Ubuntu (1yr): I've been running 10.04 Lucid (studio)
lately and I've been blown away at how tough it has been to find a soul out
there who has the skills of knowledge to troubleshoot or problem solve
getting my Tascam US-122 (which is a device that fits the exact description
of the topic I'm replying to) to work with Ubuntu. I have read EVERY posting
on the forums, official and unofficial, got a hold of some VERY
knowledgeable and extremely helpful Ubuntu veterans, but my US-122 is still
dead in the water. I'm just wondering if any of you wants to have mercy on
me and see if you can come up with any options I can pursue. I guess the
second part of this message is that if no one out there can help me, don't
buy a tascam US-122, as I have spent (genuinely) over 30 hours of my time
trying to get this thing to even blink, to no avail. From a noob's (very
limited) perspective, I am quite disappointed in the Studio version of
Ubuntu, as it hasn't been able to work with my hardware, even after tons of
homework, consulting, trial and error etc.