Am 10.01.2011 06:45, schrieb Casey Forslund:
Hey you two - thank you SO much for the reply and your suggestions/questions
around my struggles with the Tascam US-122 and Lucid.

You are welcome :-)

HZN: Yup, I tried the ALSA tutorial you suggested (
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Tascam_US-122)  about a week ago to no
avail (no green light on the unit). I think I may just have to switch to a
different distro as you suggested, as nothing anyone has suggested has
worked for me so far. Either that or just keep using Windows to use it,
which seems so cheezy though, as I'm using Ubuntu 'STUDIO', a flavor of
Ubuntu that is supposed to focus on audio/video users etc.

I am absolutely with you and "cheesy" is quite perfectly a word to describe the situation.

I made the experience, that the best thing about Linux/free software is independence. So it would not be wise to depend on one specific distro.

Ubuntu is not Linux, it is just one flavour and Ubuntu Studio is much more Ubuntu than it is Studio.

In short: try a differnt distro. My first recommendations would be AVLinux (should have Alsa-firmwareloader on board) and Pure:Dyne. But OpenSuse or Mandriva may do the job as well and they can be tweaked quite easily for realtime-audio.

I run Fedora plus CCRMA and OpenSuse 11.2 plus jengelh-Kernel and pack-man packages. Both work very good for me...

best of luck ;-)

HZN