2011/3/8 Thomas Orgis <thomas-fo...@orgis.org>

> Am Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:34:22 +0100
> schrieb Giuliano Braglia <forever...@gmail.com>:
>
> > I like it... so you are using it and it works properly?
>
> I use one, yes, and it works like a charm. Out of the box with alsa's usb
> audio driver. I also recommended to a non-geek friend and she's rather
> happily using it, too (using ubuntu studio). I did not use MIDI or SP/DIF,
> though. It's apparently not the best interface regarding S/N ratio, but you
> don't expect that for around 100 €. There's always something better
> quality-wise, but this box is compact, rugged (the non-express one, at
> least), and offers all flexibility a home recording person needs, plus
> balanced outputs. The support for 24bit / 48kHz format was a must for me to
> be compatible to the projects we record in the "studio" (band practice room,
> with an FA-101) ... and more resolution (sample rate) doesn't make sense, in
> this price class for sure.

Ok... I bought this (the express edition).

Hope it will work, otherwise I'll have to sell it :(

I'm a bit worried because I've seen some forums where they say (said...)
that they are (were...) having problems (using the past because the posts
are dated around 2010).

example:

and another one in italian, although here
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1557215 they say it works.

In the post in italian I read also someone who said that the card could not
work because it is not listed here
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Alesis. Actually,
it is listed as "unknown".

If someone wants to confort me, thank you :p

Gyl