Hi,

On 12/03/11 03:43, Tim Cook wrote:
I am not familiar with that app.  But I believe Audacity will  do what
you want as well.

Audacity??? Say I want to experiment with a 19-TET (19 tone equal temperament) musical scale. Is there really some plugin or something in Audacity that lets me try this? I really doubt it, but I have only used Audacity for very simple recordings, so if you know if this is really possible, let me know.

As for Scala, I have tried it, and all the mathematical stuff in the program seems to work no problem in my Ubuntu Studio (so for instance, I can easily see the frequencies that such a 19-TET scale should have), but I haven't figured out yet how to plug that information into something that will actually produce the sounds (apparently it should work with playmidi and timididy, both of them installed, but I didn't manage to configure it properly... YET :-)

Cheers,
Ángel de Vicente
--
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/

High Performance Computing Support PostDoc
Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias