Victor,
Yes it works, though a little slow on this test
machine p4 1.6ghz, 756 MBRam, but I by know means
have it optimized for this.  There is a 5 sec delay
between speaking into sound card mic and seeing the
display.  I have ten test machines with different
os's, up to a quad core 2.8ghz and 8gb ram, so I can
try many different ways.
I already had libgtk2.0-dev, but still got errors
during make (not during ./configure) about missing
libgtk+-2...
So I compiled it from source, after meeting several
of it's dependencies.

I have notes on all this on the test machine if you
are interested.
Bob
231-499-3352