Am 16.06.2011 15:52, schrieb Josep Pujadas i Jubany:
Hello!

We have 300 netbooks working with 10.04 LTS, not 10.04 Studio.

We would like to use Rosegarden, but we have trouble how to configure
Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden together.

We tried several ways. We arrived to run Jack but we can't heard anything
playing MIDI with Rosegarden.

As the other have stated already: you need a sound-generator to be played by the notes, you write in RG.

There is a plug in calles fluidsynth-dssi that you can add to a RG-Project using the synth-admin-tool (looks like a knob in the toolbar above the editor). Fluidsynth-dssi allows to load a soundfont-file that you can download from several sites on the web.

You can also uses synths like whysynth-dssi or CLAF-organ/monosynth to play your notes.

A rightklick on a track allows you to set a loaded plug-in to a track.

The rest should go automagically for now ;-)

best regs

HZN

Any idea?

Thanks,