Hello Matthias!

firstly do yourself a favour and bookmark this site.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/index/

its the manuall for Ardour but goes through alot of other things you need
to know about recording and music production. i find myslef visiting it on
a daily basis.

although Ubuntu studio is great and solid in many ways  i personally found
myself to switch to kxstudio (witch is built from ubuntu studio ) some
tools provided by *falkTX *and his team sovled aloth of time consuming
tasks.

*http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
*
music creation with linux is the reason i switched in the first place. my
band is on a tight budget like many others and we have done recordings on a
6 year old laptop from Zepto. its a bit time consuming to learn in the
begining but trust me. you wont ever go back to windows or mac ;)*

kind regards
Alexander  *
www.prostaten.se