Maybe an idea, if the issue is only with the gig-file libraries
linuxsampler uses, and not the libraries concerning sf2, would it be
possible to create a build of linuxsampler that only uses sf2? That way
licensing problems could be avoided, while having linuxsampler in the
repositories.
Open sample files like those of the sonatina sample set, are often in sf2.

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/BartArt3D/169488999795102>