On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:31 AM, bart deruyter <bart.deruy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use an Echo firewire soundcard and am very happy with it. It is supported
> completely, even the integrated midi-port is fully functional, which wasn't
> at first, but was a couple of FFADO-updates later :-). Mine is an
> audiofire12, 12 in and 12 out, a bit too much for me actually, but by
> choosing Echo, I was sure of compability, the brand has a good reputation on
> linux-systems, and if I have to record for another band, I'm sure I have
> enough inputs.

I second Bart's comments. I have, on occasion, had 2 of my 3 AF12's
wired up for live recording for 24 channels for theatrical musicals.
And I've tested with all 3 for a total of 36 channels and it seemed to
be ok, though I've not attempted any 2 hour recordings.

I have talked to Pieter and he recons 3 is about the max you could
expect for firewire, though, that discussion was a couple years ago.

Mac