KXstudio repos are safe. I have never had any problems and ardour updates are
coming really fast after release.

I sometimes do the same (recording guitar) with my Lenovo N500 laptop. For this
purpose I only use ardour which starts also jack. If I need some other stuff I
first run qjackctl then ardour, guitarx, jackrack, whatever.

Your versions especially jack seem quite old. Try jack2 instead because of dbus
support. It must be in the ubuntu repos also so you don't have to use the
kxstudio repos. But I stil recommend it because of the actual software, plugins
i.e.

Have a nice day
Tim