On 03. juni 2013 12:02, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
I think the following workaround will prevent the installation of the
generic kernel:

Synaptic, Select (but don't mark) "linux-image-generic". Menu: Package ->
Lock version   (which also means "don't install" for non installed
packages, I guess).

I haven't tested this because I don't do automatic upgrades and so I am not
100% sure it will work.

It doesn't look like this works. I ran synaptic in the virtual machine and locked version on the uninstalled generic kernels as suggested here, but on next boot Software Updater anyway wants to install them.