I am using Ubuntu Studio 12.04, and today, when I went to print a document, I turned my laser printer on and I was told it was a new printer. I checked my installed printers and everything in the list had vanished. It was able to install and configure the laser printer okay and let me use it, but the PDF writer has gone, as well as my inkjet.

I suppose the inkjet will come back when I switch it on, but how do I get back the PDF writer I had before?

And what could have caused Ubuntu to forget all about its printers?

David K