/I appreciate the diversity of the distriution even though I don't use
everything. I still make new discoveries of applications and some of them I
will use, others not. The hard part for a distribution is what to include
and not and why. I use Kdenlive, others use OpenShot or Cinerella. Which to
choose or include them all and get the 'bloatware' stamp? I think 14.04 will
make the choices easier for users while still providing an easy startup OS for
someone new./

Jimmy,  we all learn in different ways.  I think the commonality is we have an
indent in the forehead at some point from applying the head against the wall
liberally.

I don't know about bloatware,  because I personally do not measure the cycles
my machine is doing while I am doing similar tasks to what you do as a sound
engineer.  Mostly its about the ears right?

Being on both sides of the booth so to speak brings on a schizophrenic reaction
that a few of us call creativity.  I suppose I move towards things that keeps
me at the mic,  and in that zone,  rather than inventing new things to make
stuff work.  That said,  I do tear down the studio and rebuild it every so
often for upgrades and trouble shooting and that means I am probably more geeky
than most of the cool announcer types I used to work with,  and many of the
lightweights that have to completely order in for their new home recording
studio.   I was kind of there before all that started to happen and was using
both Linux and Windows in the worlds longest beta test.  Or you might say the
dummest guy learning curve.

What I was talking about to put it back in context,  is making it easier for
those who want to live the dream of recording something at home the world might
care about,  without learning so much as they can go to WXYZ and dismantle and
fix their studios during a commercial break.  Yes,  like that happens,  I know.

I still think its possible to group by functionality the software and be a
little less diverse for the beginners, who have a craft or talent and would
like to have a little fun at it,  or maybe help the world make a change.  Who
knows.

I remember some time ago Ubuntustudio was described as an uncomplicated
distribution with tools that artists need to get their work done without a lot
of fuss and cost.

In the real world it seems that in Linux even in specialized distributions,
you get the buffet and you can't order from the menu based on your dietary
requirements.