If you want to add Ubuntu Studio packages, you can do that on 13.04 as
well.
Just install whatever meta packages you want.
To set up your system for low latency audio, do:

$ sudo apt-get install linux-lowlatency ubuntustudio-audio

then, add yourself to audio group:

$ sudo usermod -a -G audio $USER

reboot.