On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Set Hallström <sakrec...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:33:10 +0100, Set Hallström wrote:
>> >Could anyone explain to me what these controls are used for?
>>
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioControls
>>
>> JFTR adding a nice value to real-time settings in limits.conf is
>> useless. Real-time ignores nice settings.
>>

> Thank you very much for your precious help, Ralf.
>
> well....that was an outdated page....
>
> I'm unsure how much i need to bother about these controls? I should
> perhaps keep that energy and invest it in the community... but how?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/

we dont even have the infrastructure in place to assist you in where and
how to help, but, ubuntustudio *is* ubuntu, and helping anywhere upstream,
such as debian, is relevant assistance. also, any documentation, since, as
you have noticed, many things are changing upstream, and the wikis get
outdated easily.

as far as "controls", for you, as an end user, i say, just use the
operating system "as-is" and address issues as you have them. if you are
trying to address latency, and lowering it, thats something we can work
with you on. cheers!

holstein

> --
> Set Hallström