On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Alex Armani <alex.arm...@rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> Does anybody here run KXStudio? It's a Chroot for the Chromebook, that is
> based on Ubuntu Studio, running KDE.

i run kxstudio,

a chroot is just that.. you can chroot what you like, and chroot is not
limited in any way to a chromebook.. thats just a relatively easy way to
keep the kernel and main OS on the chromebook and run "normal" linux
applications..

kxstudio adds sources to either ubuntu or debian. falk provides additional
software, as well as newer versions, for example, to ubuntu 14.04, to repo
applications. as with any of the distros, you can run whatever desktop
environment you like. you can install kxstudio or ubuntustudio and install
lxde or mate or *whatever*.. or, you can install main normal ubuntu with
unity, or the mini iso for ubuntu and add whatever you want,
openbox/awesome or KDE or whatever, and add whatever software you want from
the ubuntu repos or from falk's kxstudio repos.. i wouldnt expect chroot on
a chromebook to facilitate much in the way of production work.. i mean,
thats *not* what that hardware is about.. in the past, i have used netbooks
as "appliances" for audio specific tasks, such as stand-alone synths,
loopers, or media playback devices.. but, i was aware of the limitations of
the hardware. a chromebook is not made for audio production work. its meant
for low-power use and long battery life, and portability. i wouldnt expect
to just chroot into kxstudio and expect "magic".. thats a good way to get
the wrong impression of kxstudio.. or, add a package that can cause
breakage.

cheers and good luck

> From: Alex@ Armani.PM
> --
> Alex Armani, IT Consultant \ Digital Musician.
> +447 754 595 449 - Www.Armani.PM <http://www.armani.pm/> 8) %)
> tB.xx
> --
> Www.FaceBook.com/Alex.Armani.01.UK
> <http://www.facebook.com/Alex.Armani.01.UK>
>  alex.arm...@live.co.uk - E-mail \ MSN
>  alex.arm...@rocketmail.com - Yahoo Messenger
>  alex.armani...@gmail.com - Google Talk
>  Www.MYspace.com/Alex.Armani - My MYspace website
>  Alex.Armani01UK - Skype
> @AlexArmani01 - Twitter
> Chrome OS: ASUS C300 13.3" Chromebook - IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® Processor N2830
> 32GB
> 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit Unicorn Studio 14.1o, 32bit Mint 17.1
> MATE
>
> ''I am what I am, because, we are, what we are.''

MH

likethecow.com