On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:53:50 +0200, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
>Myself I use Libre Office, but I used Open Office for a very long time
>and then there is Abiword and other lightweight variations of Office
>suites.

I've got Abiword installed, but if a Windows Office Suite replacement
is wanted, then Open/Libre Office likely is the better way to go.
Aren't Open/Libre Office available for Windows too? If so, the OP could
test it on Windows, before migrating to Linux.

However, as already pointed out, Ubuntu does not respect privacy and
the Desktop Environment doesn't fit to everybody taste. Other *buntu
flavours are likely the better choice and for experienced Linux users
there soon or later other distros become more interesting. However,
when migrating from Windows Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu Studio likely are
a good choice.