From: bart.deruy...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 16:31:48 +0200
To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-studio-users] ubuntu-studio-users Digest, Vol 100, Issue 4

thanks for the tip.
I'll try using the pid to kill jackdbus, though I thought it was killed by
right clicking in systemmonitor and clicking on destroy process. That did not
help to get jackd running again by the way.

I find it weird that it used to work in previous versions of ubuntu and not
now.
I run an external device as soundcard (audiofire12) and don't keep it on every
day (I do mind to keep power consumption low, so I don't activate things when I
don't need them) . Starting up with jackd running is not an option I'm afraid
since my soundcard won't be on, and jack would definately crash.
--

Have two lots of Jack settings saves in qjackctl. Have it your computer
start-up with the settings for the onboard audio. If you connect your external