Hi again,

another issue I experienced a few days ago. The install is Wily
development branch, so this issue might be related to the fact that
Wily is under development.

Often I use /usr/bin/systemd-nspawn, a few days ago, after an upgrade I
tried to run systemd-nspawn, but it wasn't installed anymore. I needed
to install the package systemd-container.

Perhaps systemd-container is a new split of an old package or I missed
that autoremove removed systemd-container, but usually I carefully read
what a command want's to do, before I confirm.

I likely used synaptic that is set to "smart upgrade", likely
"dist-upgrade", but again, I didn't notice that a package named
systemd-container was listed as a package to be removed.

Seemingly it never was removed:

[weremouse@moonstudio ~]$ grep
systemd-container /var/log/apt/history.log Install:
systemd-container:amd64 (225-1ubuntu1)
Upgrade:
systemd-container:amd64 (225-1ubuntu1, 225-1ubuntu2),
libpam-systemd:amd64 (225-1ubuntu1, 225-1ubuntu2), udev:amd64
(225-1ubuntu1, 225-1ubuntu2), libudev1:amd64 (225-1ubuntu1,
225-1ubuntu2), systemd-sysv:amd64 (225-1ubuntu1, 225-1ubuntu2),
systemd:amd64 (225-1ubuntu1, 225-1ubuntu2), libsystemd0:amd64
(225-1ubuntu1, 225-1ubuntu2)

Is there a way to get informed, if a package that provided a file gets
split and the file no longer is provided by this package? I suspect that
this happened. For Vivid /usr/bin/systemd-nspawn is provided by the
package systemd and the package systemd-container doesn't exist for
Vivid.

Regards,
Ralf