On 2016-07-06 10:25, Paul Allen wrote:
> I have Ubuntu Studio 16.04 installed.I used jack to set up the audio
> through Firewire but the sound is still coming out through the video
> monitor speakers- please advise- Paul

Hi Paul,

we need a little more info to help you:
by 'jack' do you mean QjackCtl? Once QjackCtl is opened, does jack start
once you've done your settings and pressed the button that says "start"?

Remember you have to go into 'Setup' in QjackCtl to chose the firewire
option _before_ starting jack by pressing the 'start' button.

I also have a firewire card, and i hav had some problem due to ALSA's
firewire. So if it still doesn't work after trying the above steps, get
back here and i'll share you my work around :)

Yours,

--
Set Hallstrom aka sakrecoer